Friday, February 27, 2009

CON Report!

So I spent the day doing two things I love the most of all.

1.) Hanging out at my college Alma Mater while I proctored an exam for a friend and professor there.

2.) Hanging out with friends and geeks from all walks of fandom at MegaCon in Orlando Florida.


Note on Number 2: Lar Desouza and Ryan Sohmer and Derrick Fish? Three of the NICEST guys you'll ever meet.

After getting into the convention and heading into the dealer's areas I found Ryan and Lar first, bought a few books from their Least I Could Do strips, which both artists signed, and then found Derrick and purchased a sketchbook, which he promptly did a sketch of two of my favorite characters, Dandy and Bernard from his comic Dandy and Company.

If you're in the Orlando, Tampa, Lakeland or some nearby area? I suggest going over and hanging out with these awesome people as well as the others that are nearby. It's so cool that Chewbacca even decided to show up.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I love LICD... but Sohmer's politics bug the hell outta me. I've had to stop reading his news posts for this reason.

Bloody Canuks...

Histoire said...

His politics can be funny, but LICD and LFG are the comics I go for. I don't look at his political views. He makes me laugh and I enjoy it, even when he gets to the point of being rantish. In person he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet though.